Sunday, March 6, 2011

Share In The Freedom I Feel When I Fly

Have you ever dreamt of flying?

I gather everyone has at some time in their lives had a dream that they were soaring high in the sky, not a care in the world.  I've had several of these dreams, and oddly it's through these dreams that I can honestly say that I know what it feels like to be able to take flight.  I'm not talking about flying around in a rocket ship or being belted to some technological gadget that flies around on some kind of jet fuel.  I'm talking about simply swan diving off of a cliff and swooping upwards and away..it's simply the most exhilarating feeling one can imagine.
  
I had another dream about that eagle again the other night.  I couldn't see him this time but I saw his shadow on the ground by my feet..when I looked for him above me, the sun was too bright..but he followed me for a little while.  I'm pretty sure I'm not feeling hunted, I don't get a feeling of uneasiness in these dreams..quite the opposite.  I feel like he's looking miles ahead for me, guiding me on my path.  I'm not sure where I'm going either but there's a spring in my step and I'm excited about whatever may come my way.

I started this ring the day after my eagle dream.  I heard a John Denver song years ago on the radio called ' The Eagle and the Hawk' and although I'm not particularly a John Denver fan, I fell in love with the lyrics.  As such, I felt it fitting that I set a picasso jasper in the ring, it reminds me of the Great Canyon and all the wonderful colours nature has to offer.  I imagine the pattern on the jasper might be something like the landscape an eagle might see as it soars high above the ground, miles in the sky.

Available next week in my shop.

xo Blue Gnome



Sterling, Picasso Jasper



I am the eagle, I live in high country
In rocky cathedrals that reach to the sky
I am the hawk and there's blood on my feathers
But time is still turning they soon will be dry
And all of those who see me, all who believe in me
Share in the freedom I feel when I fly

Come dance with the west wind and touch on the mountain tops
Sail over the canyons and up to the stars
And reach for the heavens and hope for the future
And all that we can be and not what we are

- John Denver and Mike Taylor







No comments:

Post a Comment