Saturday, March 26, 2011

A Dash of Amethyst

It's finally the weekend.  This week has been a busy one for Sachi and me, it's spring cleaning time here and us gals have been busy purging, purging, purging!  There's that wall I hit after about 3 hours of going through odds and ends (that I cannot for the life of me figure why I decided to keep around,) when suddenly everything is garbage bound.  Sachi did her share of helping, chewing on things that I might've changed my mind about throwing out..once she sinks her teeth into it however, the option simply ceases to exist.  Bags of hardware from past home renovations..garbage!  Scraps of fabric I had full intentions of sewing into a quilt one day..garbage!  Those skinny jeans I was saving for that day when I was..well, skinny again..garbage!  After a few days of mad, frantic cleaning I'm happy to say that I now have 8 garbage bags outside, 4 boxes bound for charity organizations, and some small household items that my neighbors have been very helpful in taking off of my front lawn.

Ah..out with the old, in with the new!

I've been taking a bit of a break from silver work, it's simply been too nice outside to be indoors, although on wednesday Old Man Winter paid us another surprise visit.  Beautiful sunny skies on tuesday to -18 degree weather by the following day...you gotta love living in the Great White North..keeping those winter tires on for another few weeks, I think.  It's another gorgeous day today although a little on the chilly side, and the snow is melting away in the warm sunshine..the puppy is busy collecting her wednesday-snow-buried bones once again and frantically burying them all under the deck.  Busy, busy, busy!

I'm adding a small something to my shop today, a delicate sterling wire pendant with a lovely turquoise and dash of amethyst to start off the weekend.  The puppy is getting impatient for her walk, I'm off for a tour in the sunshine.  Happy weekend everyone!

xo Blue Gnome

No comments:

Post a Comment