Thursday, June 16, 2011

The Light At The End Of The Tunnel

Before..

Now..

Before..lovely bleach stain on the floor that's eaten away the nasty linoleum!

Now..

Before..the far wall was removed, the closet beyond that scrapped and a hole cut out of the exterior wall..

Now.. a south facing window!

Whew..I'm finally starting to see the light at the end of this seemingly endless reno project.  Yes, I know it's really only been a couple of weeks ( and as far as bathroom renos go, it's actually been VERY speedy indeed) but I can you tell that I am SO looking forward to living in my very own home again!  I've been a bit of a nutcase with the vacuuming and mopping downstairs even though I've been reminded numerous times that things get dusty during renos and I should just 'got with it'..to me, it's like saying that your clothes will just get dirty again anyway so why launder it at all..? (?!)  Because it makes me happy, that's why..and it keeps me somewhat sane.  I've been crashing at the home of the lovely Miss P, invading her space and giving her no place to call her own.  I am ever so grateful for the hospitality..and so is Sachi.  Nothing like having someone else's 120 lbs beast taking up all the floor space when you have no pets..not to mention the paw prints and fur on the hardwood floor and the puddles of water on the kitchen tiles around her water bowl, just waiting for you to step into in your nice, dry socks.  Yep..it's awesome having house guests, especially ones that don't actually know when they're leaving.

With my life being turned upside down as a result of the renos, I've unfortunately had no time (or water or electricity..) to work on anything in my shop!  A big thank you to everyone that's contacted me regarding custom orders,  your patience is so very appreciated!!  I'm hoping to have everything up and running by this weekend and I promise to stay away from 'bathroom' themed designs :)

It's supposed to be a beautiful week here..and a gorgeous weekend as well.  Hoping everyone's enjoying this long awaited summer arrival!

xo Blue Gnome


No comments:

Post a Comment