Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Wednesday Blahs

Ugh.  It's one of those days when your day..damn..your whole life just seems blah.  Like looking through a dirty window or being on the wrong side of a foggy one, when you want to take a towel and a huge bottle of industrial windex and wipe everything sparkling clean.  Maybe it's the grayness of the day..all the crisp white snowbanks are black from the fumes of the passing cars and the milder weather has made even the happiest of snowmen slope sadly on people's yards.  I'm trying to snap myself out of this..but then again, I think to myself, why?  Why can't I be in a poopy mood once in awhile, when all I want to do is put on my granny undies, flannel pj's and curl up in my quilt.  Okay, maybe that was too much information.  I don't actually own a pair of granny undies..I mean, how silly..all of mine are super sexy.  Yeah...whatever.

I've just finished ranting and raving to my poor, patient coworker..we'll call her L..and like the supportive trooper she is, she nodded and agreed at all the right place, and scowled and make faces when my rants called for it too.  She was having a 'blah' day yesterday you see..maybe, like last month's flu, this is also catching.  Maybe I should just blame her for my blue day today..yes, that's an excellent idea!  That'll teach her for being such a good friend today.

In honor of my melancholy day today, here are a list of some of my favorite things..can't you just hear Julie Andrews singing 'Doe a deer, a female deer..Ray, a drop of golden sun..'?  On second thought, I'm just going to think about my favorite things and not actually write them down.  That way they're secret..by the way, that's one of my favorite things.  Keeping secrets..

Here's to you having a better day than me..and to having small secrets to smile about when you need one on days like this.

xo Blue Gnome

No comments:

Post a Comment