Thursday, February 3, 2011

New Bloom After The Snow

Yesterday was a snow day.  There had been a storm watch in the area for a few days now and yesterday was the day when everything was supposed to happen.  I have to admit, I was kind of looking forward to a crazy snow storm..my pantry was stocked, candles, tea, movies and well..a lovely bottle of No.10 gin.  What could be more civilized than an ice cold gin martini (very dry of course, with a twist..) while curled up on the couch, my very big fuzzy canine companion by my feet, watching the storm from the comforts of my cosy little home?  But alas, the snow came but was nothing extraordinary.  We, who live in the Great White North have seen better from Mother Nature.  What ended up here was simply an inconvenience, terrible drivers at their best, fishtailing about town, people trying to pull U-turns in the middle of traffic, wedged between two snowbanks that are 8 feet high.  Ah..that martini's sounding better and better.

After a very long dog walk through the winter wonderland-like side streets in my neighborhood, my 120lb fuzzy roommate toweled and fed, I spent a luxurious afternoon in my studio sawing, hammering and creating.

From the safety of my home, created from me to you.

xo Blue Gnome





No comments:

Post a Comment