Thursday, April 21, 2011

Celebrating the Chocolate Bunny


The long weekend is almost here and our weekend looks like rain, rain, rain!  I guess I should really just be thankful it's not snow..we had quite the 'sideways' snow storm last weekend, rain..snow..sunshine..then snow again..it was quite the spectacle.  I suspect Mother Nature was having 'one of those days' that we all have once in a while, but when she has a 'bad day' we all get snow blizzards, trees toppling over and angry rain coming down sideways.  And it's in mid April.  Lovely..

My neighbor came by last night to ask me if I could grab his mail for the next few days, he's meeting his wife and baby boy in Paris or a few days..ooooh, la de dah!    Of course I'm green with envy, I think I've figured out why this winter in particular seems so long and endless..it's because I haven't been anywhere this past winter, last year this time I was in sitting on the beaches in Thailand...ahhhh..

 Can't you just feel that sun?

This was me a year ago.. Sigh!

Okay, moving away from the subject of hot and sunny destinations on this cold, damp afternoon, I just wanted to post a picture of this stunning vintage pencil-lined dress on Etsy.  The whole thing is covered in horseshoes..I love it!  Unfortunately, the opportunity to wear this has yet to present itself for me, so it's currently up for grabs for anyone who's into looking fabulous and "Mad Men"-like.  Can't you just see yourself poured into this outfit??  Available currently here.

www.tokyofirecracker.etsy.com

And finally, in celebration of Easter and all things bunny related, I leave you with my latest necklace..my favorite so far.  Made entirely of sterling and a ethereal example of prehnite, it's the second of my Folklore Series necklaces.  



Sterling, Prehnite

In many mythic traditions, the rabbit or hare were archetypal symbols of femininity, associated with the lunar cycle, fertility, longevity, and rebirth. But if we look a little deeper into their stories we find that they are also contradictory, paradoxical creatures: symbols of both cleverness and foolishness, of femininity and androgny, of cowardice and courage, of rampant sexuality and virginal purity. In some cultures, Hare is the messenger of the Great Lunar Goddess, moving by moonlight between the human world and the realm of the gods.  He is the messenger of a female moon deity and the guardian of all wild animals. 

Just some food for thought as you nibble on some chocolate bunnies this weekend - hope your weekend is long, relaxing and full of good things.

xo Blue Gnome



No comments:

Post a Comment