Friday, April 1, 2011

Fire and Ice..Brings Something Nice


Sterling, Garnet

I love garnets.  I love the cool, deep berry glow this stone has to offer and I especially love it against sterling.  I believe January is the lucky month to be able to call it their birthstone, and despite it's similarity to the ruby which is often thought of as a summer stone, the garnet casts a very cool, wintery aura.
Garnets remind me of the warm and cozy things about winter; a nice glass of cabernet, cranberry sauce, venison stew with a dash of port.  Although January is long gone for 2011, I made this pendant with winter on my mind yesterday.  It's been a long one this year and it's given us a run for our money.  But as we welcome spring in the coming few weeks, I'd like to see Old Man Winter out with a salute.  Where would we be without hot chocolates after making snowmen, snowball fights and tranquil walks through a winter wonderland?  Can't say we'll miss you quite yet, but we'll see you again..hopefully not too soon.

Available in my shop.

xo Blue Gnome

No comments:

Post a Comment