Monday, June 11, 2012

Sunshine


When I was little, before my younger brother was born and made us a family of four, my dad used to break out his aviators shades and using a hairbrush as his microphone, lip synch this to my mom and me by the Temptations.  

It was awesome.  

To this day when this song comes on on the radio or I hear it on a soundtrack to some movie, it always takes me back to when I was 6 years old, tickled pink that my handsome dad was singing to us, and that we were his sunshine.  


Even after the worst of days, when I play this song it always makes me smile and before I know it, I'm singing along at the top of my lungs.  It's a cure-all song for me and when I think of my dad in this leather jacket, aviators and sometimes my mom's straw hat, pretending to belt out the chorus..well, I can't help but giggle out loud.

This ring reminded me of this song..a little drop of sunshine, even on a cloudy day.

Who's the sunshine of your life?

Sterling, Carnelian, Aventurine

Available in the shop.

xo Blue Gnome

No comments:

Post a Comment