Saturday, March 31, 2012

The Weeping Willow





Last night I dreamt of the ocean.
  
Standing high above on the edge of a cliff, I remember feeling with certainty that if I leaned into the wind and opened my arms out ever so wide, my feet would gently lift off of the ground and I would be soaring high above the crashing waves below.  

I felt exhilarated, weightless and free. 

I could feel my heart pounding in my chest, the cool wind in my hair and fingertips..and as I closed my eyes and leaned a little bit further, I felt the ground disappear from under my feet.  I was soaring high with the clouds, then dipping down towards the water, skimming the surface and traveling so fast that I could feel the spray of sea water and hear the whistle of the wind in my ears.

I dream of the ocean often.  

I'm not sure why or what it all means but I remember getting a reading for fun, years ago from a gentle old woman.  She said that my soul was lingering by the sea, that there was a huge weeping willow on a cliffside that marked the spot.  I've spent many years secretly looking for that willow tree down by the sea..

I went down to my studio the first chance I got today,working quickly and quietly.  My mind was busy thinking about my dream, I could still feel the coolness of the wind, the lightness in my soul.  
It was no surprise that I reached for an aquamarine with its colour of the ocean and of the skies.  
Like the ocean, it gives and takes away..all a natural part of the circle of life as it is ever changing, 
never static.

Maybe it's the change in the wind I've felt the last few days.  
It's been blustery around here.  
Mother Nature's way of moving along the old and bringing in the new.

Have you felt the wind lately?  What did it have to say to you?

xo Blue Gnome

No comments:

Post a Comment