Sunday, February 19, 2012

Keeping My Sanity Series


The last few weeks have been a sleepless blur..the unfortunate thing is that this will not be ending anytime soon..the amazing thing is the capability of the human body to adjust to just about anything.  I'm no longer staggering around the house like a zombie, putting the milk carton away in the cupboard and the toaster in the fridge.  As Leo has slowly begun to establish a daily routine, I'm finally able to entertain the thought of managing my day to day life somewhat (ha!) showering, get dressed and having a meal or two all in the same day! I've even managed to sneak some time in my shop - while some might call that a luxury, for me it's become a necessity to preserve my sanity.  Despite the staggering number of things that need to be done to keep a tiny baby happy, I was craving..no..aching for a creative outlet. 
So with a baby swing set up in the far corner of the shop, Leo and I were able to reach a compromise.  A little "Tina time" makes for a much happier mommy and Leo agreed that a happy mommy makes for a happy baby.  It really must be true when they say that a baby remembers and finds comfort in the sounds they hear while they're in your belly because while the tumblers tumbled and the hammers hammered, Leo slept peacefully in his corner.  

So in brief 1 1/2 hour increments, over the course of many more days than before Leo's arrival, I've managed to put a few little items together.  Although very different in design and inspiration, I'm calling them a part of my Keeping My Sanity series - because without them I'm a little scared I might drown in maternal responsibility.  

All Leo approved.  Currently available in my shop.

xo Blue Gnome

 Bear Totem - Sterling, Ocean Jasper


 Sanity Ring - Sterling, TeePee Canyon Agate


Rumor Ring - Sterling, Turquoise


No comments:

Post a Comment